Samsung PL210 is equipped with AF assist light which will help the AF performance in dark places. Another unique thing is the absence of image stabilizer marker on the lens.
At the widest zoom position, Samsung PL210 includes angle of view equivalent to 27mm. The lens is quite sharp on the longest and the shortest zoom position, and its digital zoom is also quite good.
In terms of menu, Samsung PL210 has the best menu of the Samsung camera. Its layout is clear and easy to understand, size of the text fits at its place, and also with intuitive navigation.
As in most Samsung cameras, PL210 has Smart Filter 2.0 feature that offers interesting effects to your photos.
Samsung PL210 has level of detail which is slightly lower than 14 megapixel cameras in general. But fortunately, its noise pretty good. Up to ISO 400, the level of detail is almost the same as ISO 80, although there is little noise. At ISO 800, the details have started to decline. At ISO 1600, the level of detail dropped drastically, and at ISO 3200 the noise is out of control.
Features offered by this camera is really useful, such as 10x zoom lens with image stabilizer, HD video recording, and lithium batteries.
Samsung PL210 Specifications:
- 14 Megapixel CCD Sensor
- 10x lens zoom, equivalent to 27-270 mm
- Optical image stabilization
- Ultra-compact body
- 3-inch LCD with 230.000 pixels
- Video recording at 1280 x 720 (30 fps) with sound
- Smart Auto mode for photos and video
- Face detection / recognition, skin retouching, blink and smile detection
- A wide selection of special effects with Smart Filter 2.0 function